5.08.2011

oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam

hi! i am sorry for sucking at keeping up on the ol blogger-roo. i have been keeping busy with a brand new job, learning new things and meeting new friends!

Alas!!! I AM BACK..... AS A BUFFALO. 

This reminds me.... have you ever seen the flick buffalo 66'? I want to jump through the screen, scoop up vincent gallo and keep him for life.

but, i digress.... i really love this shirt because of the asymmetrical hem (cheap monday $89). A new styling secret of mine has been to wear bike shorts (h&m $10)  under sheer spring dresses (or long shirt dresses), with the added bonus of not flashing the world my skivvies when the pervy wind gets gusty. They seem to replace my grandma moses "slip" (footnote: grandma moses is an endearing nickname I acquired from a dear friend who thinks slips are only for women who live in the stone age).

ALSO! I got this minkpink boyfriend cheetah cardi ($86, shopnastygal.com) and my spectator Bass loafers ($27!!!!) and have not been able to take them off. My co-workers are getting so sick of seeing both (mainly the cardi), asking me daily when Im going back to new york to collect my clothes, to finally change outfits.

p.s. i just love the lighting of these photo (sunset lighting casts such a lovely glow on the ol dirty d!).


Photobucket

Photobucket
blouse: cheap monday, biker shorts: h&m, necklace: betsey johnson, cardi: mink pink, spectators: bass.

(ooo. i need to do my roots, i look like kurt cobain).




26 comments:

  1. Ooo! That is a Fabulous Cardi! I am also really Loving those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I am totally in love with your neckpeice...
    http://fashionquotient.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice cardy, necklace and Kurt cobain hair! Love Buffalo 66 too, one of my favorite films ever, love the soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Buffalo! I am all about this outfit, here. LOVE the asymmetry and the animal print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get myself some biker shorts and some self-confidence to wear with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad you liked the shirt!

    modamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your shoes are so cute!!! Where did you get them from? I love the statue too :) So cute!

    Come see my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pretty blouse, nails, & crazy cool mask :)
    thanks so much for following me & leaving a sweet comment, I'm following u back!
    xx

    http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH man you just made my day with the Buffalo '66 reference- that film is most def in my top five. Literally the only love story (besides Harold & Maude) that makes me cry. I know exactly what you mean about Vincent Gallo- he's just so vulnerable in Buffalo '66. I could go on and on, but I'll stop now, because I'm only a little bit bonkers: )

    Love this outfit, btw. The penny loafers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buffalo 66 is an amaze film & I love your shirt. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh! this is so lovely! I like your biker shorts and your cardigan.. I wouldn't mind if you wore it really often because it is super rad!
    I am dong a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)


    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit!! I love how you paired that leopard cardi with that betsey johnson necklace... very jungle-safari-chic! hahaha.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous necklace !
    xo
    mihaela

    http://mishuella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your nail polish. I have been trying to look for the perfect shade of blue and I think that you found it!!!

    Alba

    www.fashionistaontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh YOU!! I just want to keep you in the pocket where I normally keep adorable things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss you!!! I need Monica outfit posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. absolutely love that leopard cardi!! nastygal has the coolest stuff!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This so wonderful! Ilove your cardi and your shoes are amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. looove it!

    follow me if you want and i'll follow you back :)

    My blog♥mfashionfreak

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice blouse. You can do so much with a versatile blouse like that. Cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the buffalo is cute. I often go shopping. I`m going to collect my clothes to finally change outfits online.cheap dresses online

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, they make my day! Follow my blog, and make my week!